Win a Free year of Electricity, With Verde Energy USA!
Verde Energy wants to pay your energy bill. Enter our Win a Free year of Electricity Sweepstakes 2020 for a chance to have Verde Energy pay your home electric bill for a year up to $2,000. One randomly selected winner per month.
Enter by calling 1-662-546-4665
Win Free Electricity for a Year – 2020
Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Sponsor and Administrator. Verde Energy USA, Inc. sponsors the Sweepstakes, and American Prize Center LLC administers the Sweepstakes.
3. Introduction; Promotion Period.
(a) Description. These Official Rules (“Official Rules”) govern the Win Free Electricity for a Year 2020 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes“) which is sponsored by Verde Energy USA, Inc. (“Sponsor”, “we” or “us”) and administered by American Prize Center LLC (the “Administrator”). The Sweepstakes consists of two (2) monthly random drawings (each, a “Monthly Drawing”), one (1) for each Monthly Promotion Period during the Promotion Period (both as defined below).
(b) Promotion Period and Monthly Promotion Period. The “Promotion Period” for the Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on December 31, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM EST. Each “Monthly Promotion Period” is the period from 12:00:00 AM EST on the first day of each calendar month during the Promotion Period through 11:59:59 PM EST of the last day of the same calendar month.
(c) Text Message Campaign. The Sweepstakes is offered in conjunction with a text message campaign conducted by the Sponsor and is also promoted on Sponsor’s website, www.verdeenergy.com/sweeps (the “Website”).
4. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Jersey who are at least 18 years old when they enter (“Eligible Entrants”). Any individual who is less than the age of majority in his/her state of residence (a “minor”) may not enter without providing parental consent acceptable to us to participate in the Sweepstakes or be confirmed as a prize winner. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and the Administrator and their legal representatives, and each of their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their immediate families (and those living in the same households of each) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By participating, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and by our decisions, which are final and binding in all respects.
5. How to Enter.
(a) Entry Methods. There are two ways to enter a Monthly Drawing (each an “Entry“): the “Text Method” and the “Call-In Method.” No email or mail-in entries will be accepted. Under the Text Method, if you consent to receive telemarketing calls and text messages on a website operated by the Administrator or one of its affiliates and provide a telephone number capable of receiving SMS/text messages, we will send you an SMS/text message with a click to call entry number (“Click-to-Call Number”). You do not need to consent to be contacted via text message or purchase our service to get an Entry as you can also enter via the Call-In Method described below. If you click on the Click-to-Call Number, it will automatically connect you to our call center. Once the call is connected to our call center, you’ll get a Text Entry into the Sweepstakes. Under the Call-In Method, you will get one (1) Entry into the current Monthly Drawing when you go to the Website and call the entry number posted on the Website. Once the call is connected to our call center, you’ll get a Call-In Entry into the Sweepstakes. In either case, we will provide a Sweepstakes summary and then connect you to an agent who will provide information concerning our energy service offering. You do not need to listen to the offer or sign up for the service to get a Text Method or Call-In Method Entry.
(b) Limit on Number of Entries. There is a limit on the number of Entries for each Monthly Drawing of one (1) Entry per person per Monthly Promotion Period, this limit applies regardless of whether you use the Text Method or the Call-In Method, or a combination of either Entry method.
(c) No Carry Over of Entries. Entries during a Monthly Promotion Period do not carry over to succeeding Monthly Promotion Periods during the Promotion Period.
(d) Additional Entry Rules. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same telephone number or email address. A participant is not permitted to use multiple telephone numbers. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the permitted number of Entries by using multiple/different telephone numbers, email addresses, identities, registrations, or any other methods will void that participant’s Entries and that participant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) are prohibited and will result in disqualification. We are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected Entries or registrations, which will be disqualified. Proof of submission of an entry will not be considered proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for printing or other errors in these Official Rules or any promotion materials.
(e) Disputes as to Identity. If there is a dispute as to any registration or the identity of any winner, the authorized account holder of the telephone number used to register will be deemed to be the registrant/winner. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned a telephone number by a wireless or local exchange carrier. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized holder of the telephone number.
(f) Ownership of Entries. All Entries become our sole and exclusive property and will not be returned. We reserve the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose telephone number is submitted as part of this promotion.
6. Drawings: Selection of Winners.
(a) Monthly Drawings. Within seven (7) days after the end of a Monthly Promotion Period, one (1) Entry (“Winner”) will be selected via a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Monthly Promotion Period, regardless of the Entry method, together with two alternates (“Alternates”).
(b) Odds of Winning. Odds of being selected as a Winner will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Monthly Promotion Period.
(a) Monthly Prize. If you are the winner for a Monthly Promotion Period, we will reimburse you for the full amount of your home electric bill for twelve (12) calendar months up to an aggregate maximum of $2,000 (each a “Monthly Prize”). The Winner (“Winner”) must comply with these Official Rules to qualify and receive the Monthly Prize. THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING THE HOME ELECTRIC BILL TO THE UTILITY COMPANY. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater value, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. Winner is responsible for paying any necessary state and federal taxes related to the winnings.
(b) Contacting Winners. We will notify each Winner by text message, if the Winner consented to be contacted via text message, via e-mail and/or U.S. Postal Service first-class mail, using the contact information provided with the Entry and/or when you registered on the Administrator’s website. We currently send out email notices via Adobe EchoSign to enhance deliverability and to make completing the Claim Form easier. We may also call a Winner on the Winner’s landline or mobile phone included in the Entry. By entering the Sweepstakes, you consent to being contacted by telephone if you’re a Winner. We reserve the right to develop other means of notifying Winners to increase the number of individuals who actually claim the Monthly Prize. If a prospective Winner supplies inaccurate contact information, he or she may forfeit the Monthly Prize. If the Winner is a minor (as determined based on his or her state of residence), the Winner’s parent/legal guardian must sign any required documents on the minor Winner’s behalf. If there’s a dispute regarding the individual who actually submitted an Entry, the provisions of Rule 5(e) above shall apply.
(c) Claiming a Monthly Prize. After being contacted, the Winner must execute and return within thirty (30) days of the initial email notification (the “Claim Period”) the claim form (the “Claim Form”), together with a copy of the Winner’s home electric bill and an IRS Form W-9, both of which will be included as attachments to the notification. The Claim Form confirms the Winner’s eligibility for the prize and their mailing address and provides a liability release and their agreement to allow us to identify them by first name, first initial of last name and city and state of residence on our website (unless prohibited by law). Once you return the required documentation, we will reimburse you for the full amount of your home electric bill for twelve (12) consecutive calendar months up to an aggregate maximum of $2,000. Winners will have to submit their home electric bill to us each month, so we can arrange for reimbursement. We will not be responsible for payment or any late fees if a Winner fails to timely submit an electric bill. THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING THE HOME ELECTRIC BILL TO THE UTILITY COMPANY. We are required to file a Form W-9 with the IRS to report the Monthly Prize received by a Winner. The Claim Form, Form W-9 and an unredacted photocopy/scan of a valid government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport (to confirm the identity of the Winner) must be returned within the Claim Period by facsimile, first class mail, overnight air courier or email. We accept photos of the required documents sent from a smartphone via email.
(d) Alternates. If the potential Winner cannot be contacted within the Claim Period or, if contacted, the Winner fails to sign and return the Claim Form and provide a Form W-9 and home electric bill and provide an unredacted photo ID within the Claim Period in conformance with the procedures specified above, the potential Winner will be disqualified. In that event, we will contact the first Alternate. If the first Alternate fails to execute and return the Claim Form, Form W-9 and unredacted photo ID within his/her Claim Period, we will contact the second Alternate. If neither the Winner nor any of the Alternates execute and return the Claim Form, Form W-9, home electric bill and unredacted photo ID within the applicable Claim Periods, the Monthly Prize will go un-awarded. Upon disqualification, no compensation will be given.
(e) No Substitution. Prizes may not be substituted, assigned, or transferred, except with our permission.
8. General Conditions. We reserve the right, in our discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes. In that event, we reserve the right to conduct the then current Monthly Prize drawing in accordance with Rule 6(a) above from among all Entries received during the current Monthly Promotion Period at the time of termination. The remaining Monthly Drawings will be canceled. We reserve the right in our discretion to disqualify any individual we find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
9. Release. By accepting any prize, Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in or in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Except where otherwise prohibited by law, acceptance of a Monthly Prize constitutes the Winner’s consent to our use of Winner’s name (first name and initial of last name), address (City and State), likeness, voice and/or quotation for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
10. Limitations of Liability. We shall not be responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or inaccurate transcription of entry information; (b) lost, late, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, or misdirected entries; (c) any technical or human error or unauthorized human intervention which may occur in the processing of Sweepstakes entries or in the administration of the Sweepstakes; (d) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property including to an entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or from downloading any material from our website, regardless of whether we or a third party prepared the material and regardless of whether the material is connected to our website by a hypertext link.
11. Disputes. The Sweepstakes are governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut, without regard to its choice of law principles. If you have a dispute concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes, you should first contact customer service and we will attempt to resolve the matter to your reasonable satisfaction within thirty (30) days. If we are unable to resolve satisfactorily your dispute, then you agree that any dispute you have with the Sponsor and/or Administrator will be submitted for resolution by binding arbitration in the State where you reside administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Consumer Arbitration Rules then in effect. The Sponsor will pay all AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees in connection with the arbitration, provided that the arbitrator does not determine that your claim is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose. THE ONLY PARTIES TO SUCH ARBITRATION WILL BE YOU (INDIVIDUALLY AND NOT ON A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS BASIS) AND SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR, AND NO OTHER PARTY (INCLUDING OTHER PARTICIPANTS) MAY BE JOINED IN SUCH ARBITRATION. As the only exception to arbitration, you retain the right to pursue in a small claims court located in the State where you reside any claim that is within the court’s jurisdiction and which proceeds on an individual basis and not on a representative or class basis. This paragraph shall survive the termination, cancellation or expiration of the Sweepstakes. YOU AND WE ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, VIA YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION AND ENTRY INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL, AS WELL AS YOUR RIGHT TO BRING, JOIN OR PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR A CLASS MEMBER IN A CLASS ACTION SUIT OR A MULTI-PARTY ARBITRATION BROUGHT AGAINST US. You also agree that: (i) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (ii) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Connecticut without regard to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Connecticut or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Connecticut.
12. Data Collection. We and the Administrator collect personal information from you when you enter the Sweepstakes regardless of the Entry method. The information collected is subject to Privacy Policies of the Administrator’s and is located here and here, respectively
13. Winner’s List/Official Rules. You can obtain a list of Winners and/or a printed copy of the Official Rules by clicking here. Please indicate in your request whether you want the Winner’s list and/or the Official Rules for the Verde Energy Sweepstakes and how you want them delivered: email or United States Postal Service. If you request email delivery, then please provide your email address and if you request USPS delivery, please provide your mailing address.